41 Multiple choice questions
- This category of nutrient is useful for building new cells and repairing injured ones
are the best choice. All other options represent complex carbohydrates.
Fructose is a simple carbohydrate whereas the starches represent long
chains of carbohydrates.
- Malt Sugar
- These are the building blocks for proteins
- The hormone responsible for regulating glucose throughout the body
waxy substance is used by the body to carry out its many functions, but
high levels of this item may be considered dangerous
- disease fighting chemicals found in foods
- These proteins lack one or more of the essential amino acids needed for a healthy diet
- Chicken is the only animal product. Cholesterol is found in animal product and animal bi-product.
- 9 is the number of calories for this group
- Milk Sugar
- This kind of fiber cannot be absorbed in water
- These proteins contain all the essential amino acids and in the right amounts for a healthy diet
- A kind of carbohydrate that is unable to be digested
- This is a unit of the measure of energy stored in food
- components of food that are needed for the body to function
- Table Sugar
- This category of lipids is solid at room temperature due to saturation
- Eggs - Protein is found in meat sources, beans, and other compounds made of long chains of amino acids.
- This category of nutrient includes fats, oils, waxes, and other compounds
- Carbohydrates, Lipids, Proteins, Vitamins, Minerals, Water
- Decreased energy, Developmental Problems, Decreased Focus, Long-term disease, Death
- These contain one or two sugars
- should be considered the most important of all nutrients
- This nutrient category is the body's main source of energy and helps the body use protein and fat efficiently.
- Fat - 9, Protein - 4, Vitamin - 0, Mineral - 0, Carbohydrates - 4, Water - 0, Alcohol - 7
- caused by a lack of nutrients or an imbalance of nutirents
- Special chemical messengers made by the body that regulate different body functions
- A, D, E, and K are included in this category of vitamin
- This kind of fiber can be absorbed in water
- Blood Sugar
- Carbohydrates, Lipids, Proteins
- They will impact the food's color
- Fruit Sugar
- They increase shelf-life (They prevent spoilage)
- Nothing. The term is legally meaningless.
- This category of lipids is liquid at room temperature due to unsaturation
- These contain long chains of sugars
- Fat serves to cushion and insulate vital organs.
- The study of the nutrients in food and how they nourish the body
is classified as a simple sugar. The body breaks down sugars in foods
and converts them to this easily used form of sugar.