23 Multiple choice questions
- Which part of the grain contains the most protein and carbohydrates?
- Which variety of rice has an aromatic and nutty flavor?
is chemical that develops when a potato has been exposed to light? It
is a harmful bitter-tasting substance. It causes the potato to develop a
- Russet and all-purpose potatoes should be kept no longer than ____ days.
- Which potatoes are harvested when they are usually less than 2 inches in diameter?
- How many inches above the floor should dry grains be stored?
- How many days can freshly made pasta be stored in the refrigerator?
- Which type of potato is best used for French fries?
- In reference to pasta, a fancy way to say firm is ____.
- At what temperature should potatoes be stored?
- Yams can be stored up to ___week(s).
- Which pasta is short and shaped like a corkscrew?
- For baking, pureeing and frying potatoes, the best potatoes to use are ____.
- One pound of dry pasta yields how many pounds cooked pasta?
- Which legume is used to make hummus?
- Why is the resting stage important when making fresh pasta dough?
- What is the Italian rice specialty that is made by stirring hot stock into a mixture of rice that has been sauteed in butter?
- Which potato is also known as the Russet?
cooking technique sautes the grain briefly in oil or butter and them
simmers it in stock or water with different seasonings?
- Which type of potato is best for sauteing?
- Compared to fresh pasta, it takes _____ for dry pasta to cook.
- When potatoes are exposed to light, they develop a ____color.
- Sweet potatoes and ____ can be used interchangeably.