91 Matching questions
- ¼ Inch by ¼ inch by 2 inches
- 20 seconds
- Louis Pasteur
- Leesburg, Virginia
- Energy Drinks
- Scoville Scale
- Composed Salad
- ½ inch by ½ inch by ½inch
- 15% shrinkage
- The common union of states and chapters
- Calorie or Kilocalorie
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point
- Sweet, Sour, Bitter, Salty
- A la carte
- Food, Acid, Time, Temperature, Oxygen, Moisture
- The number of handles OR a pot has two
handles and a pan has one handle
- Pin Bones
- Sauce Pot
- Robert's Rules of Order: Newly
- Red & White
- To put in place
or Everything in its place
- 50% Onion, 25% Celery, 25% Carrots
- 10 slices
- Standardized Recipe
- Base, Body, Garnish,
- Tournée (toor-nay)
- Bouquet Garni (BO-kay GAR-nee) and Sachet d'épices (Sash-A DAY
- Lacto-ovo vegetarian or Ovo-lacto vegetarian
- The individual
- Bell Peppers
- Preparing for leadership in the world of work
- The SkillsUSA Motto
- Mabank, Texas
- Hard Crack Stage
- Chef's Knife or French Knife
- 41°F to 135°F
- The Individual
- Alcohol & Carbon Dioxide
- Vocational Industrial Clubs of America
- Fair Labor Standards Act or FLSA
- Poor dietary habits originating in children's
- Deep Fat Frying
- Janet Conner
- Tilt skillet
- Class A
- Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, or Vitamin K
- 25 pounds
- Béchamel, Velouté, Espagnole, Tomato, Hollandaise
- Vitamin D
- a What colors represent the individual states and chapters?
- b What type of rice is traditionally used to make risotto?
- c What are the strongly flavored or aromatic portions of plant bark, roots, seeds, buds, or berries
- d What is the mixture of egg whites, ground meat, mirepoix, herbs & spices, and an acidic product
used to clarify stock for making consommé called?
- e What herb is the main ingredient in a traditional pesto?
- f What stage of cooked sugar is achieved by reaching 300°F and separates into a hard, brittle
- g How many goals are included in Vision 2020?
- h Name two fat-soluble vitamins.
- i . In 1938, this Act was passed to protect workers from unfair treatment by employers. What is the
name of the Act?
- j If a beef tenderloin weighs 10 pounds and has a 1 ½ pound tare, what is the percentage of
shrinkage before cooking?
- k If a hamburger contains 300 calories, what percentage of the recommended daily caloric intake
for an adult does it account?
- l According to the CDC, what bacteria was recently found in chicken salads and wraps sold at
Trader Joe's stores in Arizona, California, Texas, and Washington?
- m If the purchase price for onions is $1 per pound with a 90% yield, what is the actual cost of 2
pounds of onions?
- n What is the term used when referring to any herbaceous plant that can be partially or wholly
- o What is the row of intramuscular bones running the length of round fish fillets called?
- p A UNC-Chapel Hill study recently found that fast-food was not the main cause of childhood
obesity. What did they find was the leading cause?
- q Spell the word that means to finely slice or shred leafy vegetables or herbs.
- r What is the ratio of standard ingredients included in a standard mirepoix (MEER-pwah)?
- s According to Oxfam, what country was ranked first as having the most plentiful, healthy food?
- t Where is the SkillsUSA National Office located?
- u A Niçoise (NEE-swahz) salad is classified as which one of the following: Green salad, tossed
salad, composed salad, or bound salad?
- v If you are serving 3oz grilled hamburger patties with a 25% shrinkage, how many pounds of
ground beef would be ordered to serve 100 people?
- w Name the common cookware item that is a large round vessel with straight sides and two loop
handles used for boiling and simmering foods.
- x When a droplet of water enters melted chocolate, the chocolate becomes lumpy. What is the
term for this reaction?
- y If your food cost percentage of 28%, how much profit would be made from $1000 of sales?
- z On what type of menu offers each food and beverage item priced individually and ordered
- aa What is the main difference between a pot and a pan?
- ab How many teaspoons are in 2 quarts?
- ac What are the dimensions of a Medium Dice?
- ad What is the phrase "Preparing for Leadership in the World of Work?
- ae What is the only vitamin that can be produced in the body using the sun as it's source of energy?
- af What does the acronym HACCP stand for?
- ag According to the USDA and in regards to quality, what is the highest grade of egg?
- ah What 18th Century chef was known as the "King of Chefs and Chef of Kings?"
- ai On the SkillsUSA emlbem, what do the hands represent?
- aj If a recipe yields four, eight ounce portions, what is the conversion factor for yielding 10
- ak If a slice of bread contains 10% of the RDA of Vitamin A, how many slices would you need to eat
to get your total allowance of Vitamin A?
- al In terms of vegetarianism, who is a person that eats both eggs and dairy in addition to a
vegetable only diet?
- am Who is the Texas SkillsUSA State Director?
- an As yeast ferments, two byproducts are yielded. What are those products?
- ao What are the four basic tastes?
- ap Name the five leading or mother sauces.
- aq On the SkillsUSA emblem, what item represents knowledge?
- ar What book is the official reference on parliamentary procedure?
- as What does the acronym VICA mean?
- at Traditionally, what cheese is used to top French Onion Soup?
- au How many amino acids are essential for healthy adults?
- av How many Tablespoons are in 3 cups?
- aw What does the acronym Fat Tom stand for?
- ax Fill in the blank: I __________ begins each line of the SkillsUSA Creed.
- ay What all-purpose knife is most commonly used by cooks?
- az In reference to the SkillsUSA Official Colors, what does the color gold represent?
- ba What is the process of changing a liquid oil to a solid?
- bb What should the temperature of water be when washing your hands?
- bc What is the term for the unit of energy measured by the amount of heat required to raise 1000
grams of water by one degree Celsius?
- bd What are the dimensions of a bâtonnet (BAH-toh-nay) cut?
- be What is the SkillsUSA motto?
- bf University of Bonn researchers recently found what popular beverages can be linked to
increased heart contraction rates in healthy people?
- bg There are four parts to a composed salad. Name three of the parts.
- bh Where is the Texas SkillsUSA State Office located?
- bi How many trade, techincal, and skilled service occupational titles are represented in the
- bj What heat transfer method refers to the transfer of heat through a fluid?
- bk What is the minimum amount of time recommended for lathering a soaping when washing ones
- bl What is the name of the knife cut known for its characteristic seven-sided, football shape?
- bm What does the SkillsUSA color blue represent?
- bn According to the Professional Development Program, what word refers to "an individual who is
recognized as knowledgeable in a field or area?"
- bo What two spice bundles are used to introduce flavorings, seasonings, and aromatics into stocks,
sauces, soups and stews?
- bp What is the clear portion of an egg, commonly referred to as egg white, also known as?
- bq What is the best know and most widely used herb in the world?
- br If a student reaches the SkillsUSA Level 5 American award in the Professional Development
Program, what color is their award?
- bs According to the FDA August 2003 Revision of the Model Food Code, what temperature range is
known as the temperature danger zone?
- bt What SkillsUSA officer serves as a consultant to the president on procedural matters?
- bu What "fifth taste", from the Japanese word meaning "delicious" is described as savory, meaty,
- bv When fabricating poultry, how many pieces can be harvested from the finished product?
- bw What is the literal meaning of the French term mise en place (meez ahn plahs)?
- bx What class of fire extenguisher is used to put out fires involving wood, paper, or plastic?
- by What is formed when two liquids that would not ordinarily form a stable mixture are forced
together and held in suspension?
- bz Who pioneered the processes of heating milk to a high enough temperature to kill pathogenic
- ca Into how many SkillsUSA regions is the United States divided?
- cb What symbol on the SkillsUSA emblem represents the industrial society?
- cc A pepper's heat or pungency ranges from zero to 16 million. What is the name of the scale used
to measure a pepper's pungency?
- cd What is a recipe that produces a know quality and quantity of food for a specific operation
- ce Which starch vegetable is one of the only native vegetables to the New World?
- cf Used for stockpots, griddles, fry pans, or braizers, this piece of large kitchen equipment is
considered to be the most versatile of commercial appliances?
- cg This member of the capsicum family, with varieties in green, red, yellow, purple, or orange, is
also known as a sweet pepper. How are they most commonly referred?
- ch What cooking method uses both conduction and convection to transfer heat to food submerged
in hot fat?
- ci What is the term referring to the elastic network of proteins created when wheat flour is
moistened and manipulated?
- cj What protein found in connective muscle tissues are converted to gelatin when cooked?
- ck If a recipe yields four, four ounce portions, how many pounds are needed for 13 portions?
- cl Foie Gras (FWAH-grah), made from both duck and goose, is the fatty, enlarged version of what
organ of the animal?
- cm What disaccharide is composed of glucose and fructose?