30 Multiple choice questions
- Before serving a menu item, managers SHOULD ____ the item to be sure it meets the restaurant's standards.
- A coffee shop has a food cost percentage of 35%. This means the food cost is ___ of total costs.
the receipts we get from stores, restaurants get ___ after deliveries.
They list details like items purchased, date of order, purchaser and
- Total dollar sales divided by the total number of customers gives you the ____.
- The restaurant's main areas of cost are food, beverages, labor and ____.
- When a manager keeps a record of the number of portions of each item on the menu sold, it,is called a ____.
a restaurant makes $60,000 in sales, and the total food cost for
October was $15,000. What was the food cost percent? (Use the Food Cost
- If a deli wants a 30 food cost percentage on its menu items, if a sandwich costs 2.85 to make, how much should it be priced?
items reflect labor costs in that the more time it takes a cook to make
a plate, the more it ___. This is one way how the menus include labor
- The inventory taken at the beginning of a time period is called a(n) ____ inventory.
- ____ is the money a restaurant brings in from its customers
- ____ is VERY important because it helps the manager maintain his/her budget with labor and food costs.
- Overhead costs includes rent/lease and ______.
- _____ is how the cost of food relates to the total sales of a restaurant.
- In a restaurant kitchen, which form lists how much product should be made during a specific meal period?
- This is a common inventory method that assumes items have been rotated within the month.
- Another name for a profit-and-loss report is also called a(n)____.
- A ___ lists all the menu items that are going to be prepared on a given day.
- The number one selling tool is the ____.
- If a gallon of oysters cost $20.00 and yields 100 servings, what is the standard portion cost?
addition to not following standard reciepes, poor purchasing,
forecasting, receiving procedures, product scheduling and _____
facilities add to the the high cost of food and menus pricies
- A collection of sales and costs over a specific time period of time is called a ____.
- A profit-and-loss report also called a _____ shows sales, cost of sales and profit/loss for a specific time period.
- This formula calculates the _____. Total food cost divided by Sales=
- The best time for a food service operation to receive deliveries is when the business is ___
- The Italian Restaurant ordered 5 gallons of spaghetti sauce at $4.50 each. What is the total value of the spaghetti sauce?
- The lease/rent and utilities are called which type of cost?
- The ___ is the most important sales tool in a restaurant.
following are reasons food prices are _____. Poor purchasing plan, poor
forecasting, poor receiving procedures, poor product scheduling, poor
selling and service at the restaurant. Not following a stand receipt
also contribute to high food costs.
- If a kitchen worker overcooks 10 hamburgers at $3.00 a serving, how much revenue is lost?