100 Matching questions
- Pay invoices.
- In order to use publicity effectively
- A. Buying gum.
- Fill orders correctly.
- Merchandising budget
- B. Suburban newspapers
- Redefine the problem.
- Assisting and providing more efficient service to customer.
- A. Demonstrating product knowledge
- Advertising record
- ...Sales forecasts.
- Be the object of lawsuits.
- ...Make recommendations based on the findings.
- 43 3/4%
- Needs and wants of customers
- Sort out useful selling facts
- Containing and spoilage.
- Imports are greater than exports.
- C. Additional expense and inefficiency are experienced.
- D. Information processing.
- Obvious or apparent benefitds
- C. Checking the references of job applicants
- Write the actual number of containers received on the receipt before accepting delivery
- B. Exclusive arrangement is violated; then shipments are cut off
- A. Some items did not sell.
- To guarantee a sufficient supply of advertised items
- Resultant in customer satisfaction.
- Life cycle
- Marketing research.
- analyze customer information.
- Keep the applications in their files.
- C. Product cost
- C. Purchasing.
- D. Vertical channel conflict
- A. Each salesperson sells 85% of quota
- On-the-job taining
- Obtaining market share.
- B. After an annual clearance sale
- Increase sales and reduce expenses.
- Percentage of yield
- Counting cash
- Output will increase by smaller and smaller increments.
- C. Cheeseburgers
- Customer service
- B. Increases productivity
- True, display signs should be informative
- Trade credit
- Profit-and-loss statement
- Take no chances, throw it out.
- C. The smaller a pizza restaurant , the less time that can be devoted to product planning.
- Occupational Safety and Health Admeinistration
- C. Supporting documents
- B. Chains that protect consumers are protecting themselves.
- Ample lighting
- A. Objectives
- Proper menu planning/forecasting.
- B. Know what they want
- C. Tell the truth and respect confidences
- Specify a certain grade
- A. Recall test
- D. An enlarge-it option
- ...A. Findings.
- ...Salesperson C.
- ...Prices inhibit competition
- Keep the information confidential
- D. Middle managers
- C. Fringe benefits.
- Past financial statements.
- Clarify the job to be done and your expectations.
- The sales and profit potential of the merchandise.
- Visual merchandising
- B. Reading training magazines
- ...No, this strategy for gathering information is unethical.
- Peak traffic times.
- a A pizza restaurant can provide a safe and appealing environment for customers by providing entrances that have
- b A salesperson submits a sales report containing the following information that the quick-serve restaurant supply business uses to determine compensation: $65,000 monthly sales, 15 total sales, and 90 appointments. If the business uses this information to determine compensation and the salespeople is paid 5% commission, what is the monthly compensation?
- c Which
function of a marketing-information management system involves changing
the form of marketing information management system involves changing
the form of marketing information to make it more useful?
A. Information reporting C. Marketing research
B. Information gathering D. Information processing
- d A large chain of hamburger restaurants wants to gather information on its biggest competitor's product development plans. Should the chain advertise and hold interviews for nonexistent jobs in order to get information from the competitor's employees?
- e A country's net exports are a minus figure in GDP calculations whenever
- f Why do quick-serve restaurants need to understand the characteristics of good publicity?
- g What
might result if a manufacturer begins to sell directly to a large
buffet-style restaurant rather than through traditional wholesalers?
A. Reverse distribution C. Exclusive distribution
B. Horizontal channel conflict D. Vertical channel conflict
- h Which of the following can help prevent employee theft from occurring:
A. Relying on employees to behave honestly
B. Asking job applicants to submit a resume
C. Checking the references of job applicants
D. Making sure management dishonesty is hidden
- i Sandwich shops usually schedule deliveries from vendors during specific hours of the day to avoid
- j Many quick-serve restaurant claim that the majority of their inventory shrinkage is caused by
- k Which
of the following would be the most appropriate time for a quick-serve
restaurant supply business to schedule a stock count by employees:
A. After raising product prices
B. After an annual clearance sale
C. After reordering goods for resale
D. After advertising a special sale
- l Which of the following should be included in an ice cream shop's promotional plan:
A. Objectives C. Storyboards
B. Sales forecasts D. News releases
- m Since some customers have difficulty making a decision without assistance, asking customers to buy is considered a
- n Determine whether the following statement is true or false: Display signs should provide information that is not otherwise conveyed to the customers.
- o What should people do if no solution to a problem seems apparent?
- p John
gets up, dresses, brushes his teeth, eats breakfast, goes to school,
buys gum at t he school store, and reports to his first class. Which of
these would be considered an economic activity?
A. Buying gum C. Brushing teeth
B. Eating breakfast D. Going to class
- q A promotional method frequently used by hamburger restaurants is to redeem a section of a print advertisement , referred to as a
- r Why is it important for a taco restaurant to coordinate with its promotional activities?
- s Names, terms, symbols, or designs that identify products are called:
- t What must quick-serve restaurant supervisors have in order to plan and organize the work of others?
- u What do most buffet-style restaurants do with job applications from walk-in or write-in job seekers when they have no jobs available?
- v A record of the discussion at a staff meeting is called the
- w What marketing career involves determining why customers do what they do?
- x Which of the following is an example of assisting customers in making buying decisions:
A. Demonstrating product knowledge
B. Being forceful with the customer
C. Using general terms to explain features
D. Showing indifference in helping customers
- y Sales tax is collected from customers and turned over to the
- z When delegating job tasks to subordinates, it is important to
- aa One of the most important factors that a buyer for a quick-serve restaurant supply business considers when deciding on quantities to buy is
- ab Predictions of what a bagel shop's sales will be during a specific future time period using a certain marketing plan are known as
- ac Which of the following types of material are often included as attachments to short reports:
A Table of contents C. Title page
C. Supporting documents D. Conclusions and recommendations
- ad When all of the data in a marketing-research project have been collected and analyzed, the next step for the researcher is to
- ae When producing fresh food items, what is the standard that quick-serve restaurants should follow?
- af Cooking meat directly under a flame or electric unit is called
- ag A goal of many coffee shops that affects their pricing is
- ah In physical distribution, availability, timeliness, and quality are important aspects of
- ai When company promotional materials are used as sources of selling information, salespeople may need to
- aj The financial component of a marketing plan helps a pizza restaurant to compare the projected costs of implementing the plan with the expected
- ak A chain of hamburger restaurants that fails to comply with the law in managing diversity is likely to
- al Which
of the following would a hamburger restaurant use to promote special
sales on menu items only to customers who live in a specific location:
A. Specialty advertising C. Radio spots
B. Suburban newspapers D. Utility direct mail
- am Exclusive dealing is considered illegal in all of the following except if the
A. sales revenue involved is sizable
B. exclusive arrangement is violated; then shipments are cut off
C. manufacturer is much larger and more intimidating than the dealer
D. exclusive deal blocks competitors from as much as 10% of the market
- an Which of the following is not acceptable reason for returning goods to vendors:
A. Some items did not sell. C The goods were imperfect.
B. Too many items were shipped. D. The order was delivered late.
- ao Established cafeterias base their cash flow estimates on figures obtained from
- ap Pizza restaurants can use information about previous promotions in their promotional planning if they keep the information on hand in a(n)
- aq According to the law of diminishing returns, what is the result of more and more workers being added to the production process if all other factors remain unchanged?
- ar Given the following information from a profit-and-loss statement, determine the gross margin percentage:
Net sales: $80,000
Net profit: $5,000
Cost of goods sold: $45,000
- as Quick-serve restaurants store frozen foods in freezers and fresh fruits and vegetables in coolers in order to
- at Designing frequency marketing programs for customers often will
- au Buffet-style restaurants that plan policies to appeal to customers' emotions are using ___ pricing techniques.
- av Advantages of goods or services that need little explanation by quick-serve restaurant supply salesperson are known as
- aw Markdowns expressed as a percentage are calculated by subtracting the new price from the original price and dividing the difference by the ___ price.
- ax Technology can benefit food and beverage industry by
- ay As coffee shop employees go about their daily activities, their actions should be driven by whether the actions will
- az When customers believe that quick-serve restaurant supply salespeople know the facts about the products they sell, customers view the salespeople as having
- ba The first step to take in quick-serve restaurant food cost control is
- bb What do quick-serve restaurants need to know when placing orders for foods to use in preparing menu items?
- bc A
customer has ordered a combo meal that consists of a chicken sandwich,
medium fries, and a medium drink. Which of the following items should
the cashier suggest:
A. A dessert C. An appetizer
B. An additional sandwich D. An enlarge-it option
- bd Price discrimination is legal in all of the following situations except when
- be Which of the following is not recommendation as a method of assessing sales-training needs:
A. Surveying customers C. Observing the sales force
B. Reading training magazines D. Examining company records
- bf What is one of the first steps in closing out a cash register?
- bg Population demographics, buying habits, traffic patterns, and location of competitors are examples of information pizza restaurants use in
- bh A receiving worker who finds that a number of containers being delivered to the hamburger restaurant does not match the number shown on the bill of lading should
- bi One way that cafeterias use electronic, computerized banking services is to
- bj The promotion of baseball-nut ice cream during a baseball season would be classified as ___ promotion.
- bk Which of the following is an important job factor in maintaining high employee morale:
A. Family life C. Fringe benefits
B. Leisure activities D. Personal health
- bl When assembling a carryout order, it is necessary to include condiments that come in
- bm A coffee shop buys cups and mugs for resale from a supplier and is allowed 60 days in which to pay the invoice without penalty. This is an example of
- bn Explaining features and benefits of specific menu items to customers should be based on the
- bo Marketing changes, operational changes, and staff changes affect a quick-serve restaurant's sales forecast and are categorized as ___ changes.
- bp One of the types of discounts that magazines offer to advertisers is the ___ discount.
- bq Which of the following often prepare budgets in a chain of pizza restaurants:
A. All employees C. Sales cashiers
B. Inventory clerks D. Middle managers
- br A characteristics of effective prices is that they must be
- bs Which of the following is a true statement:
A. Small pizza restaurants usually have their own new-product departments.
B. Product-planning committees take up very little of company executives' time.
C. The smaller a pizza restaurant , the less time that can be devoted to product planning.
D. Venture teams are permanent departments that deal with product/service management.
- bt Which of the following tests would be used to determine whether a job application is skilled at a specific task:
A. Personality C. Polygraph
B. Psychological D. Proficiency
- bu Which of the following activities is one of the basic functions of a quick-serve restaurant?
A. Testing B. Licensing C. Purchasing D. Regulating
- bv Which of the following is an element of a marketing report that should be clearly addressed in an oral presentation:
A. Findings C. Objectives
B. Research materials D. Technical terms
- bw The extent to which quick-serve restaurant supply businesses can expose their employees to hazardous materials is regulated by the
- bx Which of the following techniques help to build trust in negotiations:
A. Always have an answer ready
B. Provide a lot of documentation
C. Tell the truth and respect confidences
D. Share information that may be threatening
- by Which of the following is a negative effect on quick-serve restaurant supply businesses of government regulation:
A. The use of resources is regulated.
B. Unfair trade practices are prohibited.
C. Additional expense and inefficiency are experienced.
D. Patents, trademarks, and copyright protection are provided.
- bz What should an employee do if s/he accidentally learns that the quick-serve restaurant supply business might lay off several workers in the near future because of a decrease in sales?
- ca One example of a risk-management security precaution that reduces employee theft is__.
- cb One way that many quick-serve restaurants use database software programs is to
- cc Which of the following is a true statement about the consumer protection practices of most quick-serve restaurant chains:
A. Chains win when consumers file lawsuits against them.
B. Chains that protect consumers are protecting themselves.
C. Chains willingly sell unsafe products if it helps them to make a profit.
D. Chains benefit from publicity even if it is about selling defective products.
- cd Which
of the following is one way that the use of computer technology helps
quick-serve restaurant supply salespeople to better serve their
A. Eliminates follow-up C. Increases selling time
B. Increases productivity D. Reduces account control
- ce Which of the following is a characteristic of decisive customers:
A. Want the best C. Shop slowly
B. Know what they want D. Like to see variety
- cf In
which of the following situations will a business plan that includes
quarterly sales quotas for each of the five salespeople help a
quick-serve restaurant supply company to track its progress and make
A. Each salesperson sells 85% of quota
B. Quarterly sales quotas remain the same
C. Actual sales decrease 5% every summer
D. Each salesperson has a specific territory.
- cg Which of the following most affects buffet-style restaurant menu planning:
A. Staff salaries C. Product cost
B. Local competitors D. Economic projections.
- ch Facts that are expressed in numerical form are called
- ci An estimate of a quick-serve restaurant supply business's total sales for a future period of time is included in a
- cj A factor affecting the promotional mix is whether the product being promoted is in the introductory, growth, maturity, pr declining stage of the product's
- ck An arrangement that allows customers to purchase and use goods or services and pay for them at a future time is referred to as a __ sale.
- cl The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was intended to prevent ___ in the workplace.
- cm When taking drive-up orders for food, it is important for quick-serve restaurant employees to
- cn Signs, displays, painted walls, banners, and decorative canopies are all elements of
- co What is the policy that most buffet-style restaurants instruct their employees to follow if they are not sure whether food is spoiled?
- cp Which of the following is an example of a product item:
A. Men's apparel C. Cheeseburgers
B. An assortment of frozen foods D. Health and beauty aids
- cq An office employee has lunch in a sandwich shop and purchases a carryout lunch for a fellow worker. The restaurant lunch consists of a chef's salad for $3.95 and iced tea for $.60. The carryout lunch consists of a sandwich, $2.25; potato chips, $.49; and soft drink, %.59. If the state tax rate is 5% on meals eaten on the premises, what is the total amount of the check?
- cr If you wanted a summary of business transactions, what financial tool would you consult?
- cs Some of the sandwich-shop records need to be maintained in secure locations because they contain___ information.
- ct The
Bedford Bagel Shop wants to measure the effectiveness of a television
commercial it recently ran. Which of the following would the Bedford
Bagel Shop be most likely to use:
A. Recall test C. Market test.
B. Portfolio test D. Recognition test
- cu What is the most common type of employee training?
- cv Based
on the in formation in the following database, which quick-serve
restaurant supply salesperson has the most profitable group of
Salesperson A 150 customers $125 average monthly sale
Salesperson B 120 customers $150 average monthly sale
Salesperson C 175 customers $110 average monthly sale
Salesperson D 190 customers $100 average monthly sale