65 Multiple choice questions
- A concept and projects a total impression or image, which appeals to a certain market.
- Chipotle, Chevy's, Panera, etc.
- Single-concept chains like McDonald's and KFC
use of high-quality ingredients, fresh made-to-order menu items,
healthful options, limited or self-serving formats, upscale decor, and
- Quality, menu, price, atmosphere, management, location, food, and service
- Everything that affects how the patron views the restaurant: public relations, advertising, promotion, and operation itself.
- Different and better.
- To have a staff and product ready to service the maximum number of customers in the least amount of time
- Ray Kroc
- Quick Service Restaurants
- The logo, the line drawings, even the linen napkins and the service uniforms
- Signature food items, creative bar menus or enhanced wine service, and comfortable, homey decor.
- They are conveniently located and offer good price and value
- Native to Naples, Italy
- Expensive, imported items like foie gras, caviar, and truffles
- 26% in their first year, 59% in 3 years
- Outback, Chili's, Hard Rock, etc.
- Reduces the costs of order taking, food preparation, and accounting. (Marketing costs may not decrease)
of restaurants is appealing to people who wish to be part of a business
that is simplified by a limited menu and that caters to well-identifed
market: steak eaters.
- Franchising fee, royalty fee, advertising royalty, and requirements of substantial personal net worth.
- Various styles and themes of restaurants
create a concept that fits a definitie target market, a concept better
suited to its market than that presented by competing restaurants, and
to bring into being.
- Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel, Friendly's, etc.
- High-tech, casual contemporary, ethnic, designer, and celebrity restaurants.
- $337.7 billion
with site selection and a review of any proposed sites, assistance with
the design and building preparation, help with preparation for opening,
training of managers and staff, planning and implantation of pre
opening marketing strategies, and unit visits and ongoing operating
- Olive Garden
- Recognition in the marketplace, greater advertising clout, sophisticated systems development, and discounted purchasing.
authorization give by one company to another to sell its unique
products and services; the name of the business format or product being
- Be a copycat
an experienced, highly motivated person in charge, often helped by a
spouse or partner equally interested in the restaurant's success.
- Mcdonalds, Taco Bell, KFC
- 12.5 million
- In luxury hotels, such as Four Seasons and the Ritz-Carlton
- Higher end- Red Lobster; Lower end- Captain D's
- 1.8 million by 2019
- Wolfgang Puck and Barara Lazaroff
- The cuisine and service provided in restaurants where food, drink, and service are expensive and usually leisurely.
- Czechuan, Hunan, and Cantonese
- Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, and Thai
- Could be the changing demographic of the area in which it is located.
- Quality of product, mastery of flavor/cooking, "personality" of the cuisine, value for the money, and consistency between visits
- $580 billion in sales
built around an idea, usually emphasizing fun and fantasy, glamorizing
or romanticizing and activity such as sports, travel, an era in time,
the Hollywood of yesterday, etc.
- It fits the societal trend of more relaxed lifestyle
- Danny Meyer